The Kingdom of Bahrain is an archipelago located in the Arabian Gulf. Although one of the smallest Arab countries in terms of area, It is a tourist destination for many visitors who go to enjoy its beautiful nature and to learn about the historical places in Bahrain.
Historical places in BahrainHistorical places in Bahrain offer some wonderful images with their magnificent architecture, let's explore the highlights of Bahrain:
- Bab Al BahrainIt is one of the tourist attractions that attract many tourists and visitors to the Kingdom. It is an ancient archaeological gate that was restored in 1945 to bear all the details of the Islamic character rich in inscriptions and Qur'anic verses in the magnificent Arabic calligraphy. It is one of the most beautiful markets in Bahrain having a large number of stalls lined up to sell vegetables, fruits, clothes and handicrafts, and the best gold and pearls jewelry. Bab Al Bahrain is located at the entrance to the Central Business District. The main entrance to the Manama market is the Bahrain market. The location is very suitable for taking souvenir photos next to this important archaeological site. There are many activities at Bab Al Bahrain, Such as the Popular Products Show, which showcases many handmade products such as clothes, baskets, household items, and popular candy brands.
- Qal’at Al-BahrainOne of the most important historical places in Bahrain, Qal’at Al-Bahrain is located near Manama and is intended to tourists as important Historical and Architectural monuments, especially listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The castle contains many historical monuments that tell about the history of Bahrain in different times, as well as excavations proving the existence of human in this area since the beginning of creation, and visitors can take pictures of the memorial next to it.
- Al Khamis MosqueThe mosque is named in relation to the area where it was built, It is one of the oldest historical Islamic mosques in Bahrain. The mosque was built in Islamic style. It contains two minarets standing at the corners of the front corners and has limestone slabs and the material used in the construction are wood and stone. Al-Khamis Mosque in its early times was of paramount importance as a place for religious rites and ceremonies, it was equipped with a school for teaching religion and accommodation for students. Due to its historical location, the mosque has been restored several times in order to preserve it as a significant impact of tourism in Bahrain.
- Bahrain National MuseumOpened in 1988 to be the first National Museum in the country with a history of more than 5 thousand years, the museum is a masterpiece of architecture and a wonderful collection of artifacts and heritage, manuscripts, books, and paintings.
- Jebel Al DukhanIt is the highest hill elevated in Bahrain at 143 meters above sea level. The southern part of the mountain is the best place for camping. The mountain is named because of the fog that hangs over it most of the year, and there are a number of caves.
- Al Areen Wildlife Park40 minutes away from Manama Center is Al-Areen wildlife park is one of the best tourist activities in Bahrain. It was established in 1976 in Sakhir and it is the favorite place for Bahraini families to enjoy nature and there are many restaurants and hotels around the reserve. This park is annually attracted by a great number of visitors.
- Al Fateh Grand MosqueAl Fateh Mosque is one of the largest mosques in Bahrain. This mosque was built in 1988. It was built of marble, glass, and teak. The most attractive thing is the dome of the mosque which is made of fiberglass and gives a wonderful view at night. The mosque was built to accommodate 7,000 worshipers and is now a large Islamic center with a library of more than 7,000 books, some of them dating back more than 100 years in various subjects such as Fiqh and Hadith, and many religious books and the numbers of Al-Azhar and Arabic Islamic.
- Tree of LifeThe Tree of Life is more than 400 years old and is considered one of the most important tourist destinations in Bahrain. Located in the midst of the desert without any source of water. This tree is one of the wonders that visitors come from all over the world to see the miracle tree, where the number of tourists annually visits 50,000 tourists.
- Bahrain World Trade CenterIt is one of the most beautiful commercial centers in the Gulf, with a height of 787 feet above ground. Located in the capital, Manama, It is a twin tower trade center connected with each other by a bridge. There are also three wind turbines to provide electricity for more than 300 houses. It also has the largest malls in Bahrain and many restaurants, cafés and entertainment places. The Bahrain World Trade Center won two prestigious awards for the best architectural design.