Are you planning to travel to the Maldives? In the beginning, you should know the best time to visit Maldives and the most important tourist attractions that attract tourists, whether for individuals who spend a honeymoon or for family and friends.
About the MaldivesThe breathtaking nature and the unspeakable views you find in the Maldives, which is dreamed of by tourism and travel lovers, it is one of the most attractive tourist areas in the world and where tourists from all over the world come, as it is a destination for spending honeymoon or enjoying a wonderful time with family or friends. The Maldives is located in the north-central Indian Ocean and consists of a group of islands, extending for more than 820 km from north to south and 130 km from east to west. Maldives is an independent country and its capital is Mali. With an area of about 298 square kilometers, and its population reaches approximately 392,473 people. The language spoken by the majority of the population is the Dhivehi language that contains many of the Arabic vocabularies, it is an Islamic country where all of the inhabitants are Muslims, but economically, Maldives is a middle-income country that has been run by the fisheries and tourism sectors recently. If you are looking for the best time to visit Maldives, you will get to know it through this article, knowing the most important tourist places in it.
Tourism in MaldivesMaldives is one of the best tourist destinations where the country seeks to build many resorts, the Maldives is characterized by the beauty of its charming landscapes, there are more than 90 luxury resorts and meet the needs of tourists with many recreational activities such as surfing and exploring marine life under the depths of "diving" or swimming in its clear waters. It is also a haven for those looking for recreation and tranquility as it is not crowded with people. If you want to relax away from your daily routine, why not go to the Maldives for your next vacation?
Top attractionsThis is a glimpse of the most important places to visit when you arrive in the Maldives:
- Malé IslandThis island is the capital of the Maldives, as it is the largest and busiest island. It reflects the unique and attractive character through brightly colored buildings and maze-like streets with many markets and mosques such as the old Friday Mosque and characterized by green spaces. It also includes many artifacts and historical sites where visitors to the island enjoy visiting the National Museum, as well as many restaurants, shops and commercial markets. If you're heading to this island, then you will surely find something that interests you with the stunning views.
- Grand Mosque of FridayAs we mentioned above, Islam is the first religion in the Maldives, and the Grand Mosque of Friday is one of the largest mosques in Maldives, as tourists visit it because of its unique design and considered it one of the most historical monuments in the islands. When you get close to the mosque, you will find its golden dome and minaret painted in gold, and when you enter it, you will find Islamic sculptures and decorations. It also includes an Islamic center that offers religious sites and holds public meetings and is characterized by its large area that accommodates more than 5000 worshipers.
- National MuseumWhen you decide to visit the Maldives, you should go to the National Museum, which is a sign of tourism in the Maldives, where was opened in 1952, which was established with the aim of preserving the history of the Maldives and bringing the national feelings of the people. The building of the old palace in the garden of Sultan's House was converted into a museum and became the National Museum of the State. The museum includes a group of historical exhibits that depict the country's heritage, in addition to many sultans' holdings, such as the ornaments and costumes of kings and queens, their wives. The museum also contains many stones that have existed since pre-Islamic, paper, cloth, manuscripts, weapons and shields, and pictures of important figures.
- Addu AtollThis island is located in the south of the country, and many travelers flock to it because of its international fame, as it includes a group of the finest tourist resorts in the Maldives and is characterized by the pure waters that reefs spread in its charming colors.
- Paradise IslandIf you are a fan of sports and leisure activities, this resort is the best to visit because it offers many recreational activities such as diving, surfing, water skiing, canoeing, basketball and volleyball, and it also provides tourists with the opportunity to enjoy the island's magnificent beaches. It is the third largest resort in the Maldives.
- Hulhumale IslandIt is an artificial island south of Malé Island and is considered one of the best artificial islands in Maldives. The island is filled with hotels and beachfront resorts.
AccommodationWhen you think of Maldives, you will find many affordable options on various local islands. The prices of accommodation in the hotel vary according to the hotel ratings in terms of quality of service and accommodation. For example, 3-star hotels, the cost of one-night accommodations starts from 150 to 200 dollars, while 4-star hotels start at $ 250 to $ 700 per night, while the price One night in hotels 5 stars to $ 2000.
Weather in MaldivesThe average temperature in the Maldives is almost stable all year round, around 29/32 ° C. The humidity is stable throughout the year, at around 80%. There are two distinct seasons: the dry season (northeastern is monsoon) and the humidity season (the south-westerly monsoon).
Best time to visit MaldivesMaldives is a charming tourist destination, famous for its beautiful beaches, clear sky and pleasant tourist places. Therefore, many tourists want to visit the Maldives, but each person has his own climate in which he/she prefers to travel. We show you the best time to visit Maldives. From December to April If you love sunny weather then the Maldives is an ideal vacation destination. From December to April, you can choose the islands in the far south, which is characterized by a sunny atmosphere. During this period, rainfall is rare and the temperature is warm. Also, prices in this period are high due to the arrival of many people looking for sunlight with less humidity. Many consider that the period between February and April is the best time to visit Maldives, as the resorts are crowded with tourists who come from all over the world. From May to November Traveling at this time of the year is fairly reasonable, so it is the best time to visit Maldives due to the presence of fewer people in resorts, which means enjoying surfing and diving to see life on the coral reef.
Tips before traveling to Maldives- Expenses It is known that the Maldives is not a producing country and therefore all beverages and food are imported from abroad, which increases the prices when buying and when reserving hotels and resorts. Also, you should always be sure to have cash with you because there are no ATMs in the Maldives except the capital, so if you need to get some cash, you will have to go to Malé, which is expensive. - Check how you can get to the airport Some hotels are close to the capital and can be easily reached, while others are only accessible by air taxi, seaplanes that operate only until 3 pm, and then as your plane arrived after 3:00, you will need to spend a night in Male and get the first air taxi the next day. You have to choose an easily accessible island in order to avoid fatigue and spend more money. - Don't travel to the capital If you intend to stay in Malé the Capital of the Maldives, expect an increase in prices, because it includes many hotels and high-priced beaches compared to other islands, and therefore you can stay in those other islands in a way that suits your budget. - Electronic communication The Maldives is ideal for those who want to give up their daily routine and live the experience of a journey without an electronic connection, but if you have to get online you should ask in advance about internet connection services at your place of residence where some resorts offer this service for free.