THE BEST OF TUSCANY, Italy – 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
Spend a few days in Florence, visit the stunning Tuscany countryside, drink the famous Chianti wine, discover the Cinque Terre and take funny photos with the leaning tower of Pisa.
- City Tour
DAY 1: WELCOME TO FLORENCE!
Check in your accommodation and spend the day in complete freedom to explore the city, the markets and the monuments of the city. Depending on your arrival time, ask our team about recommended pleaces to visit.
Meet your guide and the other travellers in the afternoon for an original and fun way to experience the city at night with an otientation walk through the city center where you will fall in love with the art, the local traditions and the architecture. We will end the tour in one of the busiest streets of Florence reknowed for the many bars where to hang out at night. Here we will stop at the bar rated by the locals as the best aperitivo place in town. Thanks to the great atmosphere you will try the Italian life style; seat down, socialize with the rest of the group, enjoy your drink and then eat and eat as much as you would like from the buffet of tasty Italian food. You can stay there until the nightlife kicks or return back for an early sleep. ( D )
RECOMMENDED BY OUR TEAM: We recommend you to arrive on day 1 in the morning to have a full day to visit the city. Check in time starts usually at 2:00pm but if you arrive earlier feel free to leave your bags in our office or in your hostel/hotel. The first day we leave the travellers free to arrive to Florence whenever it is best for them and completely free to visit the museums and monuments in full relax.
DAY 2: DAY TOUR TO SAN GIMIGNANO & THE CHIANTI REGION WITH WINE TASTING
A full day trip from Florence to discover Tuscany and its wine. We will depart from Florence at 10:00am which is not too early in the event you wish to sleep a big longer. The first stop will be at a winery where you will taste 4 different type of wines, a 30 year-old balsamic vinegar and the delicious truffle extra virgin olive oil. Here you will learn how to recognize the different flavours and develop your taste buds with a passionate wine producer. We will continue to our second winery located in a stunning area well known for the production of the Vernaccia white wine facing the famous towers of San Gimignano. The wine makers will guide you through the vineyards and the cellars and they will share the secrets of the wine and oil production as well as the best wine and food combinations. In the afternoon you will be free to visit and spend time wandering through the narrow streets shopping in the local shops of the most beautiful medieval town of Tuscany, San Gimignano and check out the tower filled skyline while eating the ice cream from a world-champion gelateria. Back to Florence at approx 5:00pm. Free evening.
DAY 3: PISA & CINQUE TERRE
Be ready this is a long day! Meet up with our guide at 07:00am to catch the local train to Pisa, home of the must- visit Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Baptistery, Campo Santo and Duomo di Pisa (Pisa Cathedral). Here you will be free to walk around the square and enjoy taking as many funny pictures as your imagination can of the leaning tower. After Pisa we will continue towards the Cinque Terre, famous for their natural beauty, scenic trails, spectacular coast line and sunny beaches. Our first stop will be in Riomaggiore, where after an orientation walk we will stop for an optional light lunch based on local products. After lunch we will continue to the next village filled with boats called Manarola for amazing photos. Our last village will be Vernazza where you will be free to relax on the beach, sunbathe or take a swim before returning back to Florence.Free evening
DAY 4: TIME TO SAY GOODBYE
Check out your accommodation in the morning but feel free to store your bags in our office to continue exploring the city in complete freedom. The last day we leave the travellers free to leave Florence whenever it is best for them and completely free to visit the museums and monuments in full relax. If you need assistance in booking the Uffizi or the Accademia gallery feel free to ask our team.
Price per person in Euro:
share room: 316
private double/ twin room: 432
• 3 night accommodation in Florence
• Night walking tour of the city including a welcome drink ( aperitivo )
• Day tour by mimivan/coach to San Gimignano and the Chianti region
• 2 wineries, up to 9 wine tastings, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar
• Full day trip to Pisa and the Cinque Terre by train
• Italy on a Budget tour leaders
• Transport required for the day trips
• Assistance pre departure
• Full time office support during your stay
• Reccommendations on local stores and restaurants where to try traditional food and products
• Free customized IOBT Florence city map
• DEPARTURES: Every MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, SUNDAY all year
• DURATION: 4 days
• ACCOMMODATION TYPE: You can choose to stay in top rated HOSTELS/GUEST HOUSES or , depending on your budget, upgrade to 2 STAR HOTELS/B&B
• ROOM TYPE: Multi-share room - Private double/twin room - Single room
• TOUR TYPE: Good mix of free time and organised activities with our team. Perfect tour for independent travellers looking to meet new friends but also spending time to enjoy the city in complete freedom. Your tour leader and the composition of your group may change in certain days as the groups are small and we want to make sure you can meet as many new fellow travellers as possible.
• The first day we leave the travellers free to arrive to Florence whenever it is best for them, however we recommend you to arrive in the morning to spend a full day completely free to visit the museums and monuments in full relax before you meet with our team for the city orientation tour.
• The detailed itinerary including the info about the accommodation will be sent by email.
• The itinerary of day 2 and 3 could be inverted in the order
• If you choose the multi share room, you will share a room with other travellers not necessarely taking part of the tour. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can.
• We are not a bus tour company and we do not shepherd the groups from one place to the other. Flexibility, good mix of free time and organised activities with our team are part of our company and philosophy.
• Your leader and the composition of your group may change in certain days as the groups are small and we want to make sure you can meet as many new fellow travellers as possible.
If the package is available
Select date, time and quantity, after selection, choose the package you want to book
To add the item to your cart click add to cart
To go directly to the checkout page click book now
Note that you must be logged in to go to check out page
On the checkout page, you can select your mode of payments and enter your personal information.
Enjoy your vacation
If the package is not available
Fill up the email address, mobile number, and select date, time and quantity, after selection, choose the package you want
Click the "Submit" button to send the inquiry
Your inquiry will be sent to the Agency to confirm if the booking and price are still available
After the booking has been confirmed by the Agency, an email will be sent to you with a link to pay for the booking
Enjoy your vacation