Let's go south of Italy - 7 days/ 6 nights
7 days to discover the south of Italy including Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri Island, Amalfi, Positano & Naples.
MONDAY DAY 1 : ARRIVAL TO ROME
Welcome to Italy! Check in one of our partner hostels in Rome. Meet your tour leader and the other travelers at the accommodation in Rome at 5:00pm for a short briefing about the itinerary and on what lies ahead on your trip. During the introduction the guide will be at your disposal to answer your question and take down the booking of any optional activities you wish to add. You will all continue for an evening orientation walk of the Eternal city passing by the Colosseum and the Roman forum to admire one of the most important Italian sites during the sunset. The tour will finish with a welcome dinner in a local restaurant to start appreciating the Italian cuisine and to get to know better the other travellers. ( D )
DAY 2 : TREVI FOUNTAIN, SPANISH STEPS, VATICAN CITY & LOTS MORE
Meet our guide in the morning for an orientation walk through the winding Roman back streets to discover the most famous sites including Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain. Don't forget to throw a coin and make a wish! Be prepared to walk all day as there is no better way to explore a new city like Rome than on foot. Reach finally the Vatican city , house of the Pope, where you will be left free to enjoy the rest of the day to visit St. Peter's Basilica at your own leisure. If you wish to visit the Vatican museums and the Sistine chapel with a licensed tour guide for extra info about some of the world's most famous paintings and sculptures, book our exciting but informative 2h walking tour which includes the skip the lines entry tickets to the museums.
DAY 3 : FREE FULL DAY IN ROME
This day is up to you! You will have a full day in complete freedom to do what you love best. Explore Rome on board the open double - decker hop on - hop off red bus with your 24h ticket ( included in the package), do some souvenir shopping, enter the main Roman monuments or simply relax. Have a look at the optional activities you can book with us on your free day in Rome such as a 2h walking tour of the Colosseum & Roman forum or tasty cooking course to learn how to prepare some Italian food.
DAY 4 : POMPEII - SORRENTO
Meet your guide in the morning to travel by private bus towards the South of Italy. First stop of the day will be Pompeii where you will have free time to enter the site and admire the antique Roman settlements. If you wish to book our guided tour inside the site with a licensed tour guide, make sure you add it to your booking or inform the guide on day one. This tour comes really recommended because as locals we know how important this historical site is and how important it is to have a licensed tour guides of Pompeii showing you around and pointing out the main parts instead of looking out at old rocks without knowing what you are looking at.
After Pompeii we will continue towards Sorrento driving along the coast with spectacular views of the Vesuvio. Our accommodation for the next 3 nights will be in a camping village located on top of the hill with a terrific scenery of Sorrento and the coast. After check in you will be taken for a walk around the city center and to a limoncello shop to taste and learn how this typical liqueur of the South is produced. In the evening enjoy a 4 course dinner based on some delicious pasta or gnocchi and traditional food of the area in a local restaurant in Sorrento. ( D )
DAY 5 : BOAT TRIP TO CAPRI ISLAND
What a perfect way to start the day with a boat trip to and around Capri island. Our boat will leave directly from our campsite at 8:30am in the morning. Bring your beach towel and swimsuit because you will have the opportunity to swim . Once in Capri you will be free to explore the island, relax on the beach, take the chairlift up to the top of Mt. Solaro for a breathtaking 360 degree view of the island and visit the Blue Grotto. All this in complete freedom or follow your tour leader for an insight view of the island. Once back to the accommodation you will be free to spend the evening as you prefer.
DAY 6 : POSITANO AND AMALFI COAST
A full day trip by private bus to explore the Amalfi coast and its wonders. The bus will pick us up from the accommodation and drive us on the famous windy road with an amazing scenary also featured in many movies. During the journey we will pass by the " Galli" Islands, the fishing villages of Praiano, Furore and Positano. We will stop in Amalfi for 2h to taste the fresh "sfogliatella", visit the imposing Cathedral and relax at the beach with a yummy arancini in your hand. In the afternoon we will continue towards Positano, the gem of gem of the Amalfi coast, where we will stay for 3h long enough to allow you to discover the town and its cascade of colourful houses at your own peace, go for a swim and have a bite on one of the typical shop selling fresh local food.
DAY 7 : NAPLES - ROME
You can't leave the South of Italy without taking at least a small peek at Naples, home of the Italian pizza and Italian customs. Our private bus will come to pick us up from the accommodation in the morning. We will stop in one of the area of Naples famous for its shopping and monuments. Your tour leader will take you for an orientation walk and will show you the main places of interests including San Carlo theatre, Plebiscite square, Umberto I 's gallery and lots more. You will also have the opportunity to finally taste the famous Neapolitan pizza with buffalo mozzarella before heading back to the bus to continue our journey to return back to Rome by 5:00pm
Price per person in Euro:
Multi share room-hostel and camping: 944
Private double – hostel and camping: 1122
• 6 nights in our favourite budget accommodations
• Welcome dinner in Rome on the first night
• Welcome dinner in Sorrento
• Orientation walks in Rome, Sorrento, Naples led by the Italy on a Budget tour leaders
• 24h Hop on - Hop off bus ticket in Rome
• Entry ticket to Pompeii heritage site
• Full day on the Amalfi coast stopping 2h in Amalfi and 3h in Positano
• Boat tour to Capri island
• Transport from Rome to Sorrento and back by private coach
• Full time expertise and service of our Italy on a Budget team
• Maps, info and tips about all places
• Flights: Meet us at the accommodation and we will start from there. If you arrive a day earlier or wants to stay a day longer, let us know and we can organise the accommodation for you
• City taxes: Starting from next April 1st 2012 all clients staying in any hotels/ hostels / campsites in Italy have to pay a city tax. The fee is compulsory and needs to be paid directly on spot. In general is between € 1 and € 3 per person per night
• Meals: where not specified however our guides will always have great recommendations about local and affordable restaurants for delicious meals.
• Entry tickets to museums and monuments
• Local Transport ( buses, taxi, metro, shuttle buses ): The destinations of interest are easy to reach by foot. Local transport if requested is not included in the price but tickets can be purchases on spot.
• DEPARTURES: From April till the end of September. The tour starts on Monday and end on Sunday at 5:00 pm
• ACCOMMODATION TYPE: 6 nights in our favourite budget accommodations; 3 nights in Rome ( Hostel ) - 3 nights in Sorrento ( basic cabins in a Camping village )
• ROOM TYPE: Multi-share - Private double/twin - Single
• TOUR TYPE: Good mix of organised activities with our team to meet new travellers and free time to explore on your own. Your leader and the composition of your group may change from day 3.
• GROUP SIZE: Small groups/ min. 2 - max 25
1. All final details will be sent by email
2. You can arrive to Rome whenever it is best for you. Check in time is from 3:00pm but if you arrive earlier feel free to store your bags in the accommodation. Tour will officially start in the late afternoon (5:00pm approx ).
If the package is available
Select date, time and quantity, after selection, choose the package you want to book
To add the item to your cart click add to cart
To go directly to the checkout page click book now
Note that you must be logged in to go to check out page
On the checkout page, you can select your mode of payments and enter your personal information.
Enjoy your vacation
If the package is not available
Fill up the email address, mobile number, and select date, time and quantity, after selection, choose the package you want
Click the "Submit" button to send the inquiry
Your inquiry will be sent to the Agency to confirm if the booking and price are still available
After the booking has been confirmed by the Agency, an email will be sent to you with a link to pay for the booking
Enjoy your vacation