Hill Country is the island at its most scenic, a mist-wrapped land of emerald peaks and stupendous views of hillsides carpeted with tea plantations and graced by astonishing waterfalls. The hill country has been shaped by two very different historical forces. The northern portion, around the historic city of Kandy, was home to Sri Lanka’s last independent kingdom, which survived two centuries of colonial incursions before finally falling to the British in 1815. In contrast, the character of the southern hill country is largely a product of the British colonial era, when tea was introduced to the island, an industry which continues to shape the economy and the scenery of the region today. At the heart of the tea-growing uplands lies the town of Nuwara Eliya, which preserves a few quaint traces of its British colonial heritage and provides the best base for visiting the misty uplands of Horton Plains and World’s End.
- City Tour
DAY 1: AIRPORT / KANDY
- Arrive at the airport by flight and you will be greeted by our representative who will take you to the kingdom of Kandy, en route visit Pinnawala Elephant orphanage and then in the afternoon will be leisure time.
- Approx. travel time from airport to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is 02-03hrs.
- Overnight stay in Kandy.
DAY 2: KANDY
- After exquisite breakfast visit Peradeniya Royal botanical garden, thereafter in the afternoon commence the city tour with Kandy shopping, Gem shops, Bathik Factory, Lake Drive, Market place, Tooth Relic Temple & witness a Sri Lankan cultural dance performance.
- Overnight stay in Kandy.
DAY 3: NUWARA ELIYA
- After scrumptious breakfast, drive to Nuwara Eliya via stunning Ramboda falls, make a walk through immaculate the tea gardens, buy tea to take away or just try a cup or two, accompanied by a slice of chocolate cake, in its garden café. Once in Nuwara Eliya commence the city tour of Nuwara Eliya (visit to New Bazaar street, Victoria park, Racecourse & Lake Gregory).
- Approx. travel time from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya is 02 to 02 ½ hrs.
- Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
DAY 4: KITULGALA / COLOMBO
- After scrumptious breakfast proceed to Colombo via Kithulgala – the most famous places for white water rafting adventures and it is recommended only if the water level is high to be more thrilling and exciting, once in Colombo explore the city of capital city and indulge in shopping as well.
- Approx. travel time from Nuwara Eliya to Kitulgala is 03 to 03 ½ hrs.
- Overnight stay in Colombo.
DAY 5: AIRPORT
- After scrumptious breakfast as per the flight time, will be transferred to the airport to connect the departure flight.
- Approx. travel time from Colombo to airport is 1 hrs.
Fill out the form in the inquire section and click submit.
After clicking submit button, you will receive a call from our ticketing agent. In this you will receive a confirmation email link immediately that will take you to the form where you can select your mode of payments and enter passenger names.
Enjoy your holidays!