Enjoy a unique sunny day in Al Thumama park
Get bored of the city? Want to enjoy a unique day? Now you can enjoy a sunny day doing many activities in Al Thumama park, where you can ride quad bikes, camels, experience rock climbing, or rent a tent and enjoy a night show.
- Nature and wild life
- Rock Climbing
Al Thumama park is a reserved territory north of Riyadh. Its not typically a sand dune type of desert. But the mountains, valleys, and hills create amazing sightseeing that changes during the day from sun angel to angel.
You can enjoy:
- Riding quad bikes. There are rentals on-site, just pick out which one has the best deal. Prices range from SR 50 – SR 100 per 30 mins to an hour.
- Getting your first camel photo. There’s a lot of camel farms surrounding this area, herders often convene on weekends and let you ride their camels for a fee.
- Bounce tents – For the kids. You’ll know you’re in the Thumama area when you start seeing these inflatable castles.
- Rock Climbing Off the Cliffs
- Cheaper Horse riding – If going to an equestrian club is too heavy on the pockets and you already know how to ride. You can rent horses here for a fee.
- Picnic – One of the desert sites where people park on the side of the road and eat.
- Enjoying the dunes. Red Sands at Al Yamama differ from Al Thumama because of the finer and obviously more reddish color of the sand.
- Landscape Photography